Seismic Monitoring System (SMS)
Seismic monitoring system "SMS GSR" is designed for:
- • Continuous condition monitoring seismicity controlled area;
- • Obtaining operational information about the occurred earthquake for further analysis and processing;
- • Outputting a signal "event" on faceplates recorders GSR-12ADC and alarm control room panel when exceeding the set threshold in order to determine further regimes NPP RC performance.
Seismic monitoring system "SMS GSR" was created on the basis of geophysical equipment of foreign companies, with special multifunctional software.
The Seismic Monitoring System "SMS GSR" includes the following functional and supporting units:
- • Triaxial accelerometer AC-23 - 3pcs
- • Three-channel seismic vibration recorder GSR-12ADC - 3pcs
- • Logic block
- • Personal computer
- • Monitor LCD
- • Uninterruptible (autonomous) power supply UPS
- • Laser printing device
The system carries out continuous monitoring of seismicity through 9 channels.
Structural scheme of the system "SMS GSR"
System "SMS GSR" in the process of assembly
The most basic function of the SMS GSR system is the recording of data on past seismic events.
After installing GSR-12 recorders, should be set their parameters for recording seismic events.
Event files containing data records are stored in the recorder memory. Usually this is a flash memory card or static RAM (SRAM).
As soon as the new event files are saved in the recorder's memory, you can download these files to your computer.
Then the files are processed and analyzed by means of GeoDAS, in the "Off-line" mode.
There are three steps in receiving and processing event files:
- Registrar's configuration and data collection;
- Uploading data files to PC;
- Analysis of uploaded data files.